For those of you who like things orderly and symmetrical, this one’s for you!
1. Please check the latest comment for the latest bid before putting in yours.
2. All bids are placed as comments on this blogpost. All comments will be published instantly in chronological order.
3. The auction ends at 5.00pm, on Thursday, 4th September 2014.
4. The winner is to bank in payment no later than 72 hours after the closing time failing which we reserve the right to offer it to the next highest bidder or to reauction. Winners who fail to bank in payment will be barred from participating in future auctions.
5. You may use a pseudonym when placing your bid, if you wish, but please use a genuine email address as we need to contact you if you win. Your email address will not be displayed.
6. Please participate responsibly in the spirit of goodwill, honesty and fun!
100% of the winning bid will be channeled to our Fund for the animals.
Do we hear RM150?
The bids as they come in:
These two pieces of cloth are contributed by Agnes Cheong. Thank you very much, Agnes!
I added our navy blue chequered to make this classic design with triangles.
It takes 32 pieces of triangles to make one large motif and the first one took me 1.5 hours (plus unpicking time!).
But once you get the hang of it, it doesn’t take that long anymore.
And by rearranging the pieces differently, you get another colour as the centrepiece. It’s made with the same 32 pieces.
It’s just maths, actually.
I guess the chief supervisor trusts me nowadays, so he takes it easy…and delegates his responsibility to his junior staff!
Senior in age, but junior in experience.
WHO says I’m taking it easy?
Yups, we are almost done.
It’s a classic design. Orderly, symmetrical, neat. Not chaotic at all.
My mum did the backing in the blue cloth contributed by Agnes and Gerley.
This is a two-layered cotton patchwork without padding in between.
It measures 48 inches by 80 inches.
For a donation of RM150, you will be contributing towards the neutering of 1 street dog, or a street cat plus two vaccinations. Neutering and vaccination saves lives. All materials and workmanship are contributed by Agnes, Gerley, my mother, the PatioCats and me, so 100% of your donation goes into our Fund for the animals.
Thank you very much for your support and happy bidding!