Neutering aid for 1 cat in Senawang, N9 (Nasrul bin Ibrahim’s)

We have sponsored RM60 for the neutering of this cat.

Kudos to En Nasrul and his family!! Thank you for sharing your story, Saudara!

From: Nasrul Bin Ibrahim
Date: Wed, May 17, 2017 at 3:19 PM
Subject: Aid Application for Neutering a Cat – Nasrul Ibrahim
To: Chan Kah Yein <>

Dear Dr. Chan,

Sorry it took me a long time to get back to you. I had some issues so I was unable to begin neutering my cats, until recently.

So I was able to neuter one of my male cats named Blue on 6th May 2017. Please find attached the aid form (duly filled) in image format as well as in pdf, a scanned copy of the vet’s receipt, 2 collages. And I hope you don’t mind me emailing you additional pictures of “Blue” (I promise in the hardcopy submission I will only send the required collage). He is a bit difficult to handle when awake, so most of his pictures are when he was sedated. But I did get a few images of him fully awake about a week after the operation. (Note: my youngest daughter named most of our rescued cats based on colour hence the names Blue, Pink, Chockee, Violet, Ash etc..)

About Blue:

Blue is our first rescued kitten that did not die under our care (2 kittens rescued before that died within 3 days). I began rescuing kittens because I want my daughters to fight their fear of cats (now all 3 daughters and 1 son-in-law love cats – or at least no longer afraid of them). Blue was rescued in Senawang area in Negeri Sembilan. When we took him in, he must have been 1 to 2 weeks old. We bottle-fed him and kept him in a box – and later in a cage when he outgrew the box. But we cannot let him out and about in the house because he likes to scratch and bite people’s ankle.

This is our first experience neutering a cat (we never had any cats, we began rescuing kittens 10 months ago) so we were worried for Blue being hungry for 24 hours and being sedated. He was given a meal at 11pm the night before, we brought him to the vet around 10am the next day, and he was fully awake only after 11pm the same day he was neutered. I fed him at 11.30pm just to be sure that he is fully awake. We checked on him every hour while he was drugged to make sure he was breathing okay and have not vomited. When he was sedated, it was the only time we were able to hold or hug him with being attacked (playful aggression, but still.. his teeth are sharp). After 2 days we find him fully recovered and when we let him in the house for his daily play session, we find him back to his old self, chasing toys and humans and biting them.

Our plans for him? That will depends on how he behave. 2 months from now, if he stop biting people, we’ll keep him in the house. Otherwise we will let him out of the cage, in my backyard. He will be free to leave and roam the neighbourhood but he will always have food and shelter waiting for him in my backyard (we are hoping he won’t leave and just stay in the backyard – the backyard have a roof and concrete floor but with normal wire fencing so kittens can walk in but adults will have to climb).

After this I have 3 adult cats to neuter/spay (all were rescued when they were around 2 weeks old), and 2 kittens we recently rescued that need some nursing (one with a broken hip, while the other may be going blind). I’m seeing more and more kittens being dumped on the streets and back-lanes in my neighbourhood, but for now I am focusing on the ones that I have rescued.

I hope you find the above is sufficient, but if you would like to ask more questions, feel free to email or call me anytime. I’m sorry if my email is too long (first time, super excited).

Thank you.

Best Regards,

Nasrul Ibrahim



Comments are closed.